Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Run #1: 37 min.

Minneapolis. 68 degrees & windy. Pretty perfect.
Could have used: sunglasses, sunscreen, a stopwatch. (I looked pretty nerdy running w/my cell phone open ;) )

Only longer than 30 min. because I left my keys in the grass when I did 30 situps at the midpoint of the run...and realized it 10 min. into my run back, 5 min. from my house! Lake of the Isles was stunningly beautiful, which I noticed while walking back after rescuing my keys. Sun-glittery waves spoke of the summer that is just beginning, and I didn't even get down after being passed by an older man in his 50s or 60s who was running w/his son who was also older than me. Tho' he did say hello in a very Minnesotanly way which took the edge off being left in their dust.

A very decent beginning to a summer of getting back into shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment