Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Runs #3 & 4: 33 min. & 35 min.

June 14 & 15. Los Angeles. 70s & slight wind.

Love the weather here, even tho' it is pretty hot. It's not humid so I hope to get more running done here so as not to have as much to do in the Mpls. humidity. I'm about a week behind already since I didn't do much more running in the Seattle/Portland/San Fran segment of travel. In my defense, I was only in Portland for a day, and San Fran was often freezing winds & random enormous hills that could not be planned for since maps don't include that info. If I were giving myself credit for dance exercise (sometimes 1 - 1.5 hours of dancing straight thru at the FC shows) or walking (miles & miles in San Fran), I'd be totally caught up. But that isn't what I committed to, so am sticking to the original goal. Such a masochist.

I'm running on my old running path here, on and off. So many changes. Many of my favorite spots are gone - the Rockotitlan Cafe, a hispanic clothing store or two, etc. A high school is now fully built and operational where they were building it for years when I lived here.

Much thanks for mental focus of these runs goes to Damien Jurado & the other artists I played on my ipod today & yesterday. I'd post the vid of 'Caskets' but it's rather creepy (tho' very artistic). Finally wore sunscreen/sunglasses but the glasses have suffered in travel so they're falling off. Maybe time for some new onezzzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment