Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Run #5: 30 min.

June 22. Bernalillo, NM (near Albuquerque). About 80 degrees.

Remembered sunglasses & sunscreen. Used brand new $5 sports watch as stopwatch. Once I hit main road, the goal became 'to get to those beautiful mountains' if by hook or crook I could cross that highway. I journeyed in that direction for a significant time (15 min.) running, past llamas and for-sale trailers, until I came to some complicated space, which I deemed better to navigate via walking. Rattlesnakes and all. Cowboy boots are not just for style...and since I was wearing tennis shoes, I thought it best to take my time crossing around the tumbleweed and etc.

Upon reaching the highway I found it impassable by pedestrian traffic, as far as my eye could see in either direction. I maneuvered my way back to the main road and ran back...until I discovered a cart selling gorgeous butterflies (and tarantulas/bats/beetles) from other countries under glass in pretty arrangements. I am against such things theoretically...but that did not stop the bright blue butterfly from Indonesia in the wooden box from tempting me. Thankfully, my memory was short and I did not come back later, thus saved by a thread from supporting a heartless industry. Did you know they FARM butterflies for this? I need to start a Persons Against Farming Butterflies (PAFB) chapter. Anyhow, I ran back after, made it an even 30 minutes total...and did my 30 situps (my typical thing again - I used to do it all the time but stopped doing it this last year; now am back to it since Run #1). I used to also do 10 pushups but my arms don't really allow that now (cubital tunnel syndrome). They are in dire straits of late but when they are better I will pick up my arm weights again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment