Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Run #11: 45 min.

Aberdeen, SD. 70 degrees, cloudy and a bit windy with some serious humidity.

You may have noticed an extraordinary lack of running activity for the last 3 weeks or so. This reflects, in addition to the weather & heat index being in the 100-110 degree region in Minneapolis, the sad fact that I got sick with a pretty brutal cold & cough. So I have been doing my best to recover and give myself adequate rest. Now, in Aberdeen for the month, I realize that in order to accomplish my summer goal of 20 hours of running (of which I have approx. 14-15 hours left if my math is correct), I have to run 30 min./day or an hour every other day or somesuch. The 45 min. was a compromise between the two.

It's always a bit easier to run in a new city where all your exploring adds to your knowledge of your surroundings. There also seems to be a good likelihood that Tommy, or Angie Cleberg (a director of the Fallout Creative Community w/her hubby Dan), or Rosanne (a volunteer who also lives in the community house) will join me for some of my runs.

My next post will give the update on how exactly I DID end up here in S. Dakota. Promise.

* borrowed photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment