Saturday, August 20, 2011

Run #27 & 28: 27 min. & 30 min.

Aberdeen. Yesterday, it was about to rain. A few drops graced my shoulders, but I made it home in time. Today, I thought I could attempt another hour run in the evening after I got back from spending the afternoon w/Angie & Zion (& a few of Zion's friends) at the water park, as it seemed cooler than some of these other days. However, this run was preceded by a hastily eaten pbj. Not recommended. For the record, this results in abdominal discomfort and profuse sweating, I mean, "glowing". I glowed rather a lot.

Otherwise all was fine. I remarked to myself about the large # of pickup trucks in the vicinity (they & SUVs/minivans outnumber smaller cars 2 to 1 out here it seems, did my usual situps & had brief but thought-provoking chats w/God. I've started to read a chapter of Proverbs before running (there's 31 so I just read the one that corresponds w/the day of the month - my pastor Joel did that for about 3 years once), so that is good food for thought.

* photo of garden gnome is from gardengnomesetc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment