Sunday, August 14, 2011

Runs #21 & #22: 27 min. & 37 min.

Minneapolis.

I missed a day. What happened? Well, I worked (=5 hours walking) and Tommy's band (FC) played the Pizza Luce block party (=5,000 people, lots of walking also...a little additional when a friend could not find her car and we wandered for an extra 1/2 hr/hr or so...) I'm a little bit concerned. I have NEVER in my memory, run every day like I am now, except PERHAPS in senior high track/x-country. Any missed days now, up the ante for all the other days left. And upon my arrival in SD (I have pepperoni pizza to eat on the way), I will be a vegetarian for 2 weeks as previously mentioned. Can I do this?? We will soon find out.

Friday's run was 27 min. Thought about how I'll keep tabs on my working out after the blog is no more, since I'll be working 2 jobs (temping and the oil change sales thing) this fall, and I won't attempt to blog about every one then. Decided on perhaps starting a leetle group o' gals, calling it Spirit & Flesh or something... which would be more than an accountability group... we'd talk about the theology & philosophy of being embodied spirits and such, and the interchange that exists there. A lot of Christians picked up a kind of Platonic dichotomy on the way I think (spirit = good; body = bad) which was a cultural view, not implicit in the scriptures... and some of us are tempted to become 'so heavenly minded that we aren't any earthly good'. What does it mean to really live with an awareness that our bodies are God's temple? Anyway, I need to sleep here, but that was my latest little 'light bulb'/idea. :)

Today's run (yes it's after midnight but this post refers to Sunday) was one of those ohmygoodness I have to do this errand AND I have to run so I'm doing 'em together things. I ran my work paperwork over to my boss' place so that it would be included for this week, and then hitched a bus home. Less walking than most of my runs because I did NOT want to be late to the wedding (of Tommy's friends). It was the ultimate in multi-tasking. Had two phone calls whilst running, and my ipod playing, and a fist-full of paperwork and a small recorder in an envelope. A little much.

Well, we drive on out back to SD in about 8 hrs. now so I'd best get some sleep!

* photo from www.raw-food-health.net

No comments:

Post a Comment