Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Runs #18 & #19: 42 min. & 24 min.

Aberdeen. Not much to say. Both days were hot but windy. Yesterday I found a great stretch of the longer run I did for Run #17, which is good for walking/praying out loud...which seems to be the best way for me. That way I can 'have it out' w/God or sing or whatnot without prying eyes/ears about. It's good. It was a 'breakthrough' day...one of those days when you feel like you said what you needed to say and you got at least a bit of some answers. I came back from yesterday's run (& walk/prayer) with a decision to be a vegetarian for my last 2 weeks here. Most of the house is vegetarian and it just seems more 'community' to throw in w/them and learn while I'm here, rather than doing what I'm used to. It's good to get outside your comfort zone once in a while. Anyway, that's what's up! Tomorrow we head on back to MN for the weekend, for the Pizza Luce Block Party (Farewell Continental is playing) and a wedding. So you might get some 'lake' commentary. :)

* photo of Banducci purple heather borrowed from www.cchutchison.com

No comments:

Post a Comment