Sunday, August 7, 2011

Run #16: 27 min.

Today's picture is actually taken by me! My blatant plagiarism thus far is uncharacteristic, but you can't be your own photographer all the time...

Today: Aberdeen. 8:15 a.m. 70+ degrees? Shorter run than usual because, it's Sunday, church is at 9:45 a.m., and, well Sundays should be days of rest. Since not running today would mean a 52 min. run on another day to make it up, I thought it more restful just to get in a 'short run' today so I won't have to stress about hour-long runs!

From there, we (Tommy, Rosa & I) went to The Journey, a fun laid back little church where our roomie Jeremy plays guitar. Afterward we went by the grocery store and then came home. I think Tommy may have gone back to bed then. I decided to go sunning in the yard, and after a while Zion joined me. We played with the hose and the swingset and my camera and read books and such for a few hours. You can see her cuteness in the pic above. The book I was reading (I'd picked up at church this morning) was coincidentally called The Gates of Zion. (Even better, the one I bought last night at the Red Rooster for a quarter was called Journey Continued) Later we gave each other fake tattoos. In the evening, Rosa and Angie got inspired to do a huge vegetarian Thanksgiving meal in the back yard, and it was splendid. We went around and said what we were thankful for.

Not a bad Sunday sun-day. :) It wasn't hard to be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment