Thursday, August 4, 2011

Run #13: 30 min.


Aberdeen, SD. 79 degrees. I need to get up earlier, and get running earlier to catch the cooler weather. I fell asleep last night in the middle of a deep spiritual discussion, so deeply asleep that Tommy had to carry me to my room. Not sure how long I was asleep, or if I snored, or spoke in my sleep (I've given a speech on the 'importance of the red square' before). It wouldn't have been the most embarrassing thing I'd done that day if I had. In the evening, there was an art/protest sort of thing where they projected this video they'd made of people swimming in clean water, onto the 'Mog' or mud-bog to show how disgusting that idea is. We drove over there in a big red pickup truck with a bunch of the 'clients'/folks Tommy is here to work with.

After we'd been out there for a while the mosquitoes became REALLY aggressive and were eating me alive. Tommy and Dan were leaning against a red pickup truck that I assumed was ours. When I could not take the bug-biting anymore I climbed into the front seat and closed the door. A girl turned and laughing said, "Oh no! don't drive it away!" which I thought was silly and we both laughed. About 20-30 min. later, Tommy knocked on the truck and said we needed to take off, so I waited for everyone to pile in, but instead they were all walking ACROSS THE STREET to where OUR RED PICKUP was parked! !!!!!!! Thankfully, all the 20-30 folks who were at the event sort of knew each other in one way or another, so the vehicle - which was probably that girl's - was at least in 'our group' sorta. But.......eeeeyag. How embarrassing.

Angie's going to run with me tomorrow! Yay! :)

1 comment: